Life Insurance Corporation of India invites Online Applications from eligible Indian Citizens for appointment to the post of Assistant Administrative Officer. Candidates are requested to apply On-Line only. No other means/mode of application will be accepted.
Total number of vacancies: 750
Reservation for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes and Physically Handicapped shall be as under:
General (UR)-379, SC-114, ST-56, OBC-201, OH-12, VI-11
As on 1st March, 2013 Minimum Age shall be 21 years (completed) and Maximum Age shall not be more than 30 years (born between 02/03/1983 and 01/03/1992 only are eligible). Age relaxations will be extended as per Govt. rules.
Bachelor/Master’s Degree from a recognized Indian University/ Institution with a minimum of 55% marks in the aggregate in either of the Degrees. If any University awards grades instead of marks, applicants should clearly mention the numerical equivalent of the grades in terms of aggregate marks.
Applicants who will be appointed as AAO's in LIC will be given salary as per the Pay Scale of Rs 17240- 840(14) –29000– 910(4) –32640 and other admissible allowances as per rules.
Application Fees /Intimation Charges (Non-refundable):
Candidates have the option of making the payment of Application Fees/Intimation
Charges through the On-Line Mode or the Off-Line Mode as under:
- For General/OBC Candidates: Application Fee-cum-Intimation Charges of Rs 500/- plus Bank Charges/Gateway Charges in case of Offline/Online Payment respectively.
- For SC/ST/PH Candidates: Intimation Charges of Rs 50/- inclusive of Bank Charges in case of offline payment only.
Selection will be made on the basis of performance in the on-line test followed by a personal interview of short listed candidates and subsequent Pre-Recruitment Medical Examination.
A Competitive Online examination will be held at centers all over India as shown in LIST OF EXAMINATION CENTRES. Applicants will have to appear for the online examination on any one day on 11th / 12th May, 2013 (tentatively) at the Centre (or a nearby city) chosen by them/ allotted to them at their own expense. The Corporation, however, reserves the right to change the examination date/Centre. Candidates will be informed accordingly in case of any change in the date /centre/venue of examination by e-mail and SMS.
On-line test will be of objective type, multiple choices of 120 minutes (2 hrs) duration comprising of the following:
There will be a penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one fourth (1/4) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
How to Apply:
- Candidates can apply On-line through LIC’s website under “Careers”- http://www.licindia.in/careers.htm from 05-03-2013 to 01-04-2013.
- Before applying online, candidates should have a valid personal email ID, which should be kept active till the declaration of results.
- The candidate should have a scanned (digital) image of his/her photograph and signature as per the notification in JPEG format not exceeding 50 KB and 20 KB respectively and upload the photograph and signature. The online application will not be registered unless the candidate’s photo and signature is uploaded after completion of the entry in online mode.
Payment of Application Fee/Intimation Charges:
- In case of Offline Payment the payment will be accepted from 2nd working day after the on-line registration and can be made within three working days thereafter at any branch of State Bank of India by cash only. System generated payment challan will be used for depositing the amount. Once the amount is paid, the registration process will be complete. Candidates should ensure State Bank of India Branch Code, Journal Number along with Branch Seal on the Candidate’s copy of the Challan. Candidates are advised to preserve the payment challan with them for reference and use in future.
- In case of Online Payment the payment can be made by using only Master/Visa Debit or Credit Cards or Internet Banking by providing information as asked on the screen.
- Candidate will receive confirmation of registration by SMS/Email after two working days from the date of payment of fees. There is also a provision to reprint the submitted application containing fee details, after three days from the date of payment of application fees/intimation charges.
- Before applying, candidates are advised to satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions especially age, qualification, caste (for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Class candidates only).
- Keep particulars of date of birth, educational qualifications, caste, other personal details etc. ready as these are required to be entered in the on-line application.
- After applying on-line, the candidates should obtain a system generated print out of the application on A4 size paper and retain it after signing the same. Please do not send this print out to Life Insurance Corporation of India.
- Call letters will not be dispatched by post or any other mode. Candidates will be required to download the call letters from the referred website.
- Start date for Online Registration: 5th March, 2013
- Start date for Offline Payment of Application Fee/Intimation Charges at State Bank of India Branches: 7th March, 2013
- Start date for Online Payment of Application Fee/Intimation Charges: 5th March, 2013
- Last date for Online Registration & Online Payment of Application Fee/Intimation Charges: 1st April, 2013
- Last Date for Offline Payment of Application Fee/Intimation Charges: 4th April, 2013
- Download of Call Letter for Examination: First Week of May, 2013
- Date of Online Examination (Tentative): 11th and/or 12th May, 2013
Click here for other details like Scribe Declaration, Specification for Photo & Signature, Disability Certificate, Divisional Office Address, SC/ST/OBC Caste Certificate and for OBC Declaration.
If You find this post helpful and feels that we are doing good service for Job-Seekers, then Please Help us a little by spreading the word to others, simply by using the share buttons below.
Get free Email Updates to Your Inbox!